Energy Drinks are ever evolving, ever developing, and ever accessible. Honestly. Think about it. You can’t walk into a gas station, supermarket, or supplement store without seeing at least one refrigerator full of energy/pre workout drinks. Though they are tempting, many of these drinks are loaded with sugar and artificial chemicals that can be harmful if consumed over a long period of time. Another concern is the fact that many companies have failed to be honest on their labels. Some of these companies have been caught putting proprietary blends on their labels or lying about how much caffeine is really in each serving.
Additionally, some of the most popular drink companies use tons of ingredients, but the ingredients they use are not given in doses high enough to be effective. In order to make up for their drinks’ weaknesses, these companies usually add more caffeine. Other companies try to improve their formulas by “piggybacking” their drinks off of ingredients that have clinical trials. They market their drinks as having clinical backings, but the truth is only one or two of the ingredients they use have been shown to be effective. Even worse, some companies will use a cheaper, inferior version of the clinically validated product, and still market it as if it is the actual product.
Despite the negative press and harsh realities of most energy drinks, there is one drink that stands out. One that has never had to change since it was unveiled in 2004. One that has six clinical studies verifying its energy boosting/fat burning effects. That drink is none other than Celsius! When Celsius was created, it wasn’t your typical caffeine, taurine and sugar mixed drink. It also wasn’t one of the overly caffeinated drinks with low levels of aminos and unabsorbable creatine.
So, what makes Celsius different and effective? As I mentioned, Celsius has six clinical trials proving its ability to increase energy before exercise and increase the body’s ability to burn more fat during exercise. It also has 100% of the RDA (recommended daily allowance) of six different B-complex vitamins and vitamin C. The creators of Celsius also made sure their drink included a clinically shown trace mineral ( Chromium [in a highly absorbable chelate form]) that allows people who are insulin resistant to enjoy the product without their bodies storing the carbs (sugars) as fat.
While those are just a few of the reasons Celsius is such an incredible fitness drink, the breakdown below will offer even more evidence of the value of this incredible drink:
- Vitamin C (60 mg) – (the vitamin we are constantly told to take) is also known as “The Master Vitamin.” It helps combat free radical damage, boosts immunity, and helps the body form collagen. Vitamin C also helps the body utilize iron (this is essential when your body needs to energize and burn fat).
- Riboflavin (also known as Vitamin B2, 1.7 mg) is a supplement used by many to help with the prevention of migraines. What many people don’t know is that your body can’t maintain overall energy levels without sufficient amounts of Riboflavin in the bloodstream. When used in conjunction with the rest of the B vitamins, it helps break down protein, fats, and carbs for energy.
- Niacin ( as Niacinamide, also known as Vitamin B3, 20 mg) is the B vitamin that helps with healthy blood circulation.
- Vitamin B6 (as Pyridoxine Hydrochloride, 2 mg) is needed for proper nerve function, utilization of fats, and blood formation.
- Biotin ( 300 mcg) is a B vitamin that does more than just help with hair and nail health. Biotin also helps balance blood sugar levels, supports proper thyroid health and adrenal function, and even helps protect brain function.
- Pantothenic Acid ( as Calcium D-Pantothenate, also known as vitamin B5, 10 mg) is very important for strengthening the adrenals- this helps when the body is being taxed due to heavy training sessions or with the many other stressors we encounter daily. Pantothenic acid helps increase stamina, helps produce red blood cells, and may also help lower cholesterol levels.
- Calcium ( as Calcium Carbonate, 50 mg) is used, in this small dose, as a buffering agent. Caffeine even from natural sources is still an acidic substance, so Calcium Carbonate helps curb the rise in your body’s acidity when drinking a can of Celsius.
- Chromium (as Chromium Chelate, 50 mg) is a trace mineral needed to help insulin transport glucose into the cells to be burned for energy. Though your body’s metabolic rate is higher after caffeine consumption, that doesn’t mean that all the sugar circulating in your blood will be burned (This is especially true for those who are glucose intolerant – your bodies are already in need of help to properly transport sugar into your cells for it to be burned for energy). In other words, having Chromium in this formula is a surefire way to make sure your body’s insulin hormone is using your circulating sugars and not letting them be stored as body fat!
Metapure Plus – 1,810mg
Think of the vitamin blend in a can of Celsius as a car, and the Patented Metapure Plus blend is a super high powered engine! It’s a blend of 6 key ingredients: one amino acid, three caffeine sources, a ginger extract, and glucoronolactone. All of the ingredients in this blend are explained below.
- Taurine – An ingredient you see in many drinks, and for a very good reason too! Taurine is an amino acid that is needed for many hormonal functions in the body, as well as, proper heart and blood sugar regulating functions. Another reason that Taurine is so special is due to the fact that it helps the body break down fat. Multiple studies have shown that ingesting taurine before exercise leads to more fat oxidation (burning). Taurine has also been shown to help prevent loss of lean muscle tissue while dieting.
- Guarana extract (seed) – Guarana is a plant native to Brazil and Venezuela. Guarana seeds contain a substance known as Guaranine – a chemical structure that is identical to caffeine. Guarana seeds naturally contain fiber, but the fiber is removed, and what’s left over is used for energy drinks. In other words, Guaranine works like a purified caffeine source. Guaranine from the Guarana seed is released slower into the bloodstream and causes a longer lasting energizing effect than what we normally get from coffee or other caffeine sources. Guarana seeds are also shown to help with various ailments and are still used in Brazil as a tonic.
- Green Tea leaf extract ( standardized to 10% EGCG) – Green tea, one of the world’s most consumed drinks. Green tea is a natural source of caffeine, EGCG , and the calming amino acid L-Theanine. EGCG is a cathecin naturally occurring in Green Tea, which is one of the main anti-cancer/free radical fighting components of Green tea. It is also shown to help the body use more fat to be burned for energy when taken prior to exercise. The L-Theanine that is naturally occurring in Green tea helps with longer lasting focus, as well as help curb the “crash effect” that many people feel when taking a higher than normal caffeine dose at one time.
- Caffeine (as Caffeine Anhydrous) – Is a fast acting, naturally derived form of caffeine derived from coffee, tea, and dark chocolate leaves. This form of caffeine absorbs rapidly into the bloodstream for a quick burst of energy.
- Glucoronolactone – is a carbohydrate that is processed by your liver, that is a metabolite of sugar. There are studies that suggest it may aid the body in building endurance, focus, and better blood flow.
- Ginger extract – Ginger is known the world over for it ’s anti-dizziness and digestive aid properties, but recent research over the years is now showing that it helps raise metabolism as well! Ginger contains 2 phytochemicals, 6-paradol and 6-gingerol. Both have been shown to boost metabolism by helping your body use brown fat tissue for energy. The more brown tissue used for energy means more bodyfat burned during exercise, as well as throughout the day! Ginger extract is also a known cortisol reducer, helps lower blood sugar, and is a potent anti-inflammatory.
Are you convinced yet on why Celsius is a drink worthy of trying? It comes in a variety of flavors, carbonated and non-carbonated alike. Plus Celsius now has a Naturals line for those that prefer drinks that are not sweetened with Sucralose. The natural Celsius line has drinks that are sweetened with real sugar, Stevia, and Erythritol. Also with the natural line, Green Coffee Bean extract is used in place of Caffeine Anhydrous. If you don’t want to carry a Celsius can around, they make four different flavors with their On-The-Go line. Each packet is the equivalent of one can of Celsius, that can easily be added to twelve ounces of cold water. Celsius has an option for almost everyone. Give a can of Celsius a try, I believe it will not disappoint!
Here is an Amazon link if you want to order a case of Celsius, https://amzn.to/2talHTn.
Please let me know what you think! I can be reached at email@example.com, as well as @rickythesuppsguy via Instagram!
Take care everyone,
Ricky The Supps Guy
Rutherford JA, Spriet LL, Stellingwerff T. The effect of acute taurine ingestion on endurance performance and metabolism in well-trained cyclists. Int J Sport Nutr Exerc Metab. 2010 Aug;20(4):322-9.
Yatabe Y, Miyakawa S, Ohmori H, Mishima H, Adachi T. Effects of taurine administration on exercise. Adv Exp Med Biol. 2009;643:245-52.