Happy Friday the 13th everyone! I know it’s been a few months since my last article. I like to take the summer off to rest, recharge, and spend some quality time with my wife since she is home during the summer months. So now that I’m recharged, let’s begin!
When it comes to the supplement business, there are categories that take off and become “all the rage”. Being in my late-thirties, I have seen quite a few of them come into the spot light only to fade out in time. For example, I remember back in the late 1990’s when the thermogenic (fat burner) craze was going on. I also remember before I joined the U.S. Army in 2001, many over the counter pro-hormones were legal. I’ve even seen the countless customers come in for the Dr. Oz recommendations (Acai berry, Raspberry Ketones, Green Coffee Bean, Garcinia Cambogia). But as of late, there is a trend that I believe has been long overdue. Honestly, this is a trend I can fully get behind! Nootropics. There is a surge of them on the market now.
What are nootropic supplements? On Merriam-Webster.com the definition of nootropics is “a substance that enhances cognition and memory and facilitates learning.” So, to put it in simpler terms, they’re supplements that enhance brain function. With Dementia and Alzheimer’s rates soaring in the U.S., Canada, and certain parts of Europe; the surge of nootropic attention has become very significant to our wellbeing. We are living in a time when many baby boomers are looking for supplements to help keep their brains sharp in their older age, and Millennials are looking for help to prevent future brain decline. The product I am writing about today helps fight memory loss and cognitive decline, gives you lots of smooth energy, and keeps your brain feeling sharper than the other supplements you may have tried before it.
As I was growing up, I always saw infomercials on television about the herb Gingko Biloba. So when I started out in the supplement business, Gingko Biloba was my go to product when a customer said they wanted help with brain function. Then, when my studies began, I learned of many more products that help with memory, focus, mental clarity, and even creativity. Today’s article is only on one of those helpful nootropic products, and it happens to be my favorite one, ANS Performance RAVE!
ANS Performance’s RAVE powder is a blend of vitamins, herbs and amino acids that give you unrivaled focus. One of the ingredients that makes this product so special is MagicLion™, a brand of the mushroom Lions Mane (I will explain what is so special about this ingredient in greater detail shortly). The focus alone that you get from a serving of this product is so powerful, that many people use it as their pre-workout. Many also use RAVE in place of their morning/afternoon cup of coffee. I can vouch for effectiveness of using RAVE as a morning coffee replacement, because I’ve been doing the same myself. I start every morning with one scoop of RAVE in cold water (or two scoops if I didn’t sleep much the night before). This has been my morning pick me up routine since the first week of July. Within ten to fifteen minutes my focus starts to heighten, and my energy levels start to rise. The energy and heightened focus that I start to get is very smooth and not rapid like taking a thermogenic (fat burner) or pre workout product.
ANS Performance Rave contains L-Theanine to slow down the caffeine surge, plus it helps extend the caffeine’s energizing and focusing effects. However, I have noticed that when I take two scoops at once, the energy surge is even quicker since I am ingesting more caffeine at once. This product comes in four different flavors. Pineapple Mango, Pink Lemonade, Blue Raspberry and Fruit Fusion. In all honesty, all four flavors taste really good, but Pineapple Mango is my favorite!
Here is the rundown of the ingredients in this awesome formula.
- Vitamin B6 – 5mg’s per scoop. A B-complex vitamin that helps with the production of neurotransmitter. Neurotransmitters are the chemicals that allow brain and nerve cells to communicate with one other.
Nootropic Focal Complex
- Taurine – 1000mg’s per scoop. An amino acid that helps carry GABA(one of your brain’s main neurotransmitter hormones) to calm the brain, and helps keep you focused. It helps with memory formation.
- Acetyl-L-Carnitine – 250mg’s per scoop. An “Acetylated” form of the amino acid L-Carnitine that passes through the blood brain barrier easier than regular L-Carnitine. Acetyl-L-Carnitine helps with the production of acetylcholine in your brain. When acetylcholine levels in your brain are at optimal levels, your mental energy and focus are working exactly as they should be!
- N-Acetyl-L-Tyrosine –200mg’s per scoop. A more bioavailable form of the amino acid L-Tyrosine. N-Acetyl-L-Tyrosine helps with dopamine, norepinephrine and noradrenaline (which are all essential for proper brain function) production,
- Choline bitartrate – 150mg’s per scoop. A supplemental source of Choline that also works as a precursor to acetylcholine.
- MagicLion™ – 50mg’s per scoop. An exclusively trademarked extract of the mushroom known as Lions Mane, and yes it is magical! Lions Mane is one of nature’s most powerful nootropics! Clinical trials have shown that Lions Mane stimulates brain function and memory. It helps protect brain cells from damage, while also helping repair brain cells that have been damaged. It has also been shown to help in cancer prevention, heart and circulatory health, digestion and inflammation help. Check out this link at https://ansperformance.com/magiclion-natural-neurogenic-nootropic/ to learn more about why the trademarked MagicLion™ that ANS Performance uses so special!
- Huperzia serrata extract (1% Huperzine A) – 2.5mg’s per scoop. Huperzia serrata extract (also known as Chinese club moss) contains an alkaloid named Huperzine A. Huperzine A inhibits the enzyme that breaks down acetylcholine in your brain. It is also used to fight cognitive decline in the elderly or enhance mental energy for anyone in need of focus.
Mental Energy System
- Caffeine Anhydrous – 175 mg’s per scoop. Made from the seeds and leaves of coffee plants. After harvesting the coffee plants, caffeine is extracted from the plant matter and dehydrated. This produces a concentrated caffeine powder. At 175mg’s per scoop this comes to less caffeine than 2 cups of strong coffee. Nonetheless, the energy you get from this amount of caffeine is smooth and long lasting (mainly due to the next ingredient in this formula).
- L-Theanine – 50mg’s per scoop. ANS Performance uses L-Theanine in this formula to slow down the energy surge of the 175mg’s of caffeine per scoop. L-Theanine is an amino acid found in Green/Black/White teas. It is an amino acid used for calming and relaxation. L-Theanine, when mixed with caffeine, enhances your brain’s alpha wave production leading to a more focused, and creative mind state.
- QiForce™ Astragalus root extract – 37.5mg’s per scoop. An herb that is a powerful immune booster and helps fight mental and physical stress while energizing the body. ANS Performance uses one of the highest quality extracts of Astragalus root known as the patented QiForce™!
- Nelumbo nucifera – 12.5mg’s per scoop. Also known as Sacred Lotus/Indian Lotus. This plant is a natural source of a compound known as Higenamine. Higenamine has been shown to increase energy levels, help your body improve it’s use of oxygen, boost metabolism, and even has promising research as an anti- asthmatic aid.
So I ask you, how can anyone not want to try this powerhouse of a formula? If you ask me, I would say, “You can’t afford not to try RAVE.”
If you are interested in purchasing ANS RAVE, here is an amazon link to purchase this great product http://amzn.to/2HCjKot
If you try it, let me know how you like it! I can be reached at email@example.com and on Instagram @rickythesuppsguy !