Hello again everyone, I hope you’re all ready for the coming summer! Also I want to thank you for taking time to read this. It is greatly appreciated!
Today I am writing about a product that can benefit many people in regards to relaxation and sleep. Many products in the supplement market either help with one or the other, but this product is effective for both issues. The product is Theanine Serene with Relora from the company Source Naturals.
Did you know that lack of sleep affects one-third of the US population? In other words, one out of every three people living in the United States does not get adequate sleep each night. I would know. I am one of those three. While there are many contributing factors to why so many Americans have a hard time falling asleep, some of the most issues are a lack of the essential mineral Magnesium in the American diet, a shortage of nutrients for the hormone GABA (the main calming hormone in our brains) in our bodies, night time anxiety, or sometimes personal, or financial stress. Still, there are other issue that are outside of our bodies.
Improper living conditions can also affect sleep. For example, living somewhere that gets extremely warm and not having the comfort of sleeping in an air conditioned home (I spent a year in Iraq; I know how that feels), excess caffeine consumption (One of the leading causes of sleeplessness, As the caffeine that you consumed twelve hours ago still may be circulating in your bloodstream), and yes, even your cell phone addiction!! However, it is not only the cell phone, but it is addiction to electronics in general. We as Americans just do not know how to put the electronics down, and it is kind of sad to see that on a daily basis. I am just as much at fault with this. Most of the time, I am in front of my laptop screen or on my phone speaking to many people through my Instagram account (@rickythesuppsguy). Still, that does not make it right.
The more time we spend on electronics means the more we damage our sleep. We use our electronics (especially with social media), so much that our brains receptors get use to them and leaves us craving the applications. What is really happening is the brains dopamine (“feel good hormone”) levels increase when we interact on those social media app like Facebook. Instagram, or even Twitter. People of all ages are addicted to any of those 3 websites and are most likely among the millions of Americans with sleeping issues. Their dopamine levels crave the constant having to “check in” wherever they go and engaging in almost every post they see. The more the dopamine hormone gets fed the less the other brain hormones get to work at doing what they need to do. Why you ask? Because your dopamine receptors overpower the other brain hormones and want more and more stimulation. This means your serotonin hormone in your brain can’t work to help lift your mood up. It also means your GABA hormone and receptors can’t help calm you down. And as I mentioned, most Americans lack magnesium, so that mineral is too low in most of us to help relax. Even your body’s own melatonin production slows down because your dopamine receptors don’t want you to sleep! Catch my drift?
So that is why many of us need a good relaxation and sleep formula. But Theanine Serene with Relora is not just a good relaxation formula, it’s a great one!! Here’s why:
A two tablet serving provides as follows:
- Magnesium Chelate- in a 300mg dose. Remember when I said most Americans are Magnesium deficient? This is a nice dose of Magnesium in a highly absorbable form! Not only that, this formula will not have those of you with a sensitive stomach running to the bathroom after taking two of these an hour before bedtime. This form of magnesium also helps with muscle and nerve relaxation.
- GABA– 500mg per dose. GABA is the chief neurotransmitter in your brain, and it also the neurotransmitter that regulates the over stimulation of the brain. Supplementing with GABA may help with restlessness, irritability, depression, and anxiety.
- Taurine – 450 mg per dose. This amino acid has many uses in the body, and one of them is helping you sleep! It is especially beneficial for those suffering from anxiety and those of us whose brains won’t shut off at night. Taurine raises the levels of the neurotransmitter GABA in your brain. It has also been shown to lower and anxiety and stress hormones alone at a 2 to 3 gram dosage before bed.
- L-Theanine – 200 mg per dose. An amino acid found in Green Tea that works to calm and relax the mind and body without the caffeine naturally found in Green tea. Ever notice when you drink green tea you don’t get the sudden jitters/rush that you get with coffee or energy drink consumption? That’s because L-Theanine is naturally occurring in green tea and smooths out the caffeine that your body is consuming with the tea. To get this same amount of L-Theanine in Green tea, you would have to consume four to six cups or more. But when you are trying to relax and fall asleep, I sincerely doubt that is a good idea. I’ve used L-Theanine alone in 100 or 200mg capsules. Both are effective dosages. The 100mg I have taken first thing in the morning with my first cup of coffee, and it definitely slows down the caffeine spike while also keeping me focused. L-Theanine has also been shown to increase the brains alpha wave activity making it great for general brain health. But at night, I prefer the 200mg dose to relax me into sleep, and two tablets of Theanine Serene with Relora gives you that.
- Relora– is a patented combination of two herbs, Magnolia officinalis bark and a patent pending extract of Phellodendron amurense Magnolia officalis bark has been shown to support adrenal health, while Phellodendron amurense bark has been shown to support a calming state of mind. The combination of these two Chinese barks have been shown to benefit those looking to manage their stress levels. A calm mind and relaxed adrenals are a must when trying to relax and sleep at night
- Holy Basil- 100mg of this amazing herb in a 5:1 extract. I wrote a blog on this herb back in October of last year. It is hands down one of my favorite herbs on the planet! It helps calm down anxiety, stress, helps with blood sugar, antioxidant properties and many more, so it was a no brainer for Source Naturals to use it in this formula. Here is a link to my article https://rickythesuppsguy.com/2016/10/25/holy-basil/.
All these ingredients together in a two tablet serving, will not disappoint! Keep in mind, Theanine Serene with Relora will not “knock you out” per se. Rather, it will relax you into sleep. When I use this formula I am relaxed within thirty to forty minutes of taking it. I prefer to use it about sixty minutes before I want to go to sleep, and it has never let me down. I have noticed that I relax even better on this product than I do when just taking the L-Theanine alone. I even sleep deeper during the nights I take this product. The majority of people I sell this product to become repeat buyers.
So if you are having any relaxation/sleep problems, regardless of the reason why, I truly believe Theanine Serene with Relora by Source Naturals can be a huge help to you!
God Bless and take care everyone!
Ricky The Supps Guy
Links and resources: